Welcome to the Astons Outdoors web-page.
Henry Ward Beecher (1813–1887) clergyman and social reformer
Astons Outdoors is working with village organisations responsible for a range of public spaces such as the village hall grounds, verges, church grounds and the war memorial, and will be holding workdays where the whole community can work together and be proud of those special spaces.
Our Plans for 2022: please check the Astons News for up to date information on particular events.
· This will be held on at the end of May 2022
· It was proposed to hold this year’s sale at the Village Hall. We would also consider refreshments/cake sale, a book sale and bird boxes.
· Vegetable plants have been more popular than flowers in the last couple of years.
· AO need to ask the villagers to grow plants for donations.
· The tree planting scheme in residents gardens would be resurrected and completed this Spring.
No Mow May
· This was popular last year and should be considered again this year.
· P. Curtis said that moss was a fantastic carbon absorber. AO to investigate and put piece in Village News suggesting residents leave the moss in their lawns.
· Wasps by Serian.
· Plantlife on conservation programme of juniper bushes up on the Downs
· Dr. Stephen Head on planting your garden for wildlife.
· Water Perry gardens.
· Local open gardens – Blewbury, Streatley, Moretons.
· Stubbings nursery.
· Note: Look in Gardeners World for discounts on entry tickets to gardens.
· Wreath making late November/early December
Community spaces …
VILLAGE HALL GROUNDS TIDY UP
AND BULB PLANTING.