This community project was established in 2014 by the Astons web-team and Astons History Group - with the aim of establishing a digital collection of village records created over the years by a wide range of village organisations.
Its aims are:
- to aid awareness of the range of material that indirectly records life in the villages of Aston Tirrold and Upthorpe, past and present.
- to facilitate better use of such records for community projects.
- to provide access, where appropriate, to records of interest to a wider audience.
- to establish continuity between the paper based systems of the past and the digital processes of the 21st century.
Village groups currently involved in this project are:
- Astons Recreation Committee (ARC)
- Astons History Group
- Astons Village News
- Aston Tirrold & Upthorpe Village Hall Management Committee
- AstonTirrold & Upthorpe Parish Council
Do you have any interesting documents or photos that could be scanned and added to the village archive? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org