This community project was established in 2014 by the Astons web-team and Astons History Group - with the aim of establishing a digital collection of village records created over the years by a wide range of village organisations.
Its aims are:
- to aid awareness of the range of material that indirectly records life in the villages of Aston Tirrold and Upthorpe, past and present.
- to facilitate better use of such records for community projects.
- to provide access, where appropriate, to records of interest to a wider audience.
- to establish continuity between the paper based systems of the past and the digital processes of the 21st century.
It was funded by grants from SODC’s Community Fund scheme, Astons Village News, Astons History Group and Aston Tirrold and Upthorpe Parish Councils, and is managed by the Astons History Group.
Village groups currently involved in this project are:
- Astons Recreation Committee (ARC)
- Astons History Group
- Astons Village News
- Aston Tirrold & Upthorpe Village Hall Management Committee
- Aston Tirrold & Upthorpe Parish Council